McFly Official Site
in

AS Level General Studies

Last post 05-11-2008 3:40 PM by Emoloz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2008 12:54 PM

AS Level General Studies

Has anybody else got the General Studies exam tomorrow / done AS Level GS in the past few years? Is there actually any point in revising for it? x
    you were a fool for thinking the windows to your soul were tinted, i could see right in... i saw everything.
  • 05-11-2008 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: AS Level General Studies

yeah i do, only ever done a mock

i got told it was common sense and watching the news was revising

im not revising it because its common sense and i have none lol

x

TEAM JONES #149

Twitter
  • 05-11-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

• Tara
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-11-2007
    • Kettering
    • Posts 12,591

Been a couple of years since I did it but I doubt it's changed much. Basically you just want to make sure you have a rough knowledge of recent events and issues for the long-answer questions and waffle your way through it. The short-answer questions are relatively simple. I can remember one question from the science paper I think that was the fox/chicken/seed/boat logic problem. Made me laugh when I saw it lol. Overall I wouldn't worry too much about it as it's just a waste of time.

Actually, that might have been for the A2 papers. I can't remember hehe.

• 05-11-2008 3:02 PM In reply to

It's nothing to worry about really...
    You just need to be able to write down your opinions and experiences and stuff...
    I didn't revise for my AS last year and i won't revise for the A2 this year...

• 05-11-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

• Loran
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-12-2007
    • Nottinghamshire
    • Posts 1,931
    • ForumsAdministrator
      SystemAdministrator

I did it in 2004. I didn't revise and got a C. My friend didn't revise and got a U. I honestly didn't think it was possible to fail it, it's just general knowlege and common sense.

• 05-11-2008 3:40 PM In reply to

Am taking it and its not even my choice and i don't reise at all will probe end up with a D overally but got more important things to be bothered about. Most stuff is common sense but eh guess i aint got much xD  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)